Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 17 years of age.
- Must provide two forms of identification (valid state issued drivers license or ID, and social security card).
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is recommended.
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screening. This test will include marijuana and/or cannabis, with no exception made for those with a medical marijuana card.
- Must be willing to submit to a physical prior to employment
- Must have a reliable source of transportation.
- Some contractors may require a valid driver's license and/or proof of insurance.
- Some contractors may require a background check. If you cannot pass a background check you may still be eligible for employment but it will limit where you can work.
Applications are available in-person Monday – Friday from 9 am to 3 pm. You may also apply online by clicking this link: Apply.
All applicants are placed on the applicant list after they have completed the application process. Applicants will be sent to work in the order that their application is completed or when specific specialty skills are in demand.
Apprenticeship Readiness Program
To qualify for direct entry through an Apprenticeship Readiness Program, the candidate must have successfully completed the North American Building Trades Union (NABTU) Multi-Craft Core Curriculum (MC3) 120-hour coursework. This course prepares individuals to get a jump start into construction trade apprenticeships and is conducted by a certified MC3 Instructor. Apprenticeship Readiness Programs are sponsored by the State and Local Building Trades Councils, Training Coordinators, Contractors, and JATCs in partnership with local community groups, workforce development boards and schools- both community colleges and secondary schools. Completion of this program will allow the candidate to enter the program with 6-month credit. The credit includes both OJT hours and Related Instruction hours. The applicant must meet all the same requirements necessary for regular entry into the apprenticeship program plus the MC3 completion certificate.